Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Free Fusion Vol. 1

After blogging, nonsense researching and sleeping at 4am last night, waking up at 7am to move my car due to street sweeping, making this mix this morning at 8am after a failed attempt to re-slumber, and planning mixes and future blog entries ahead of time around 10am, spending a quick and frustrating 45 minutes trying to upload music files, starting my day at noon, coming back home by bus at 10pm, realizing by 11pm that uploading music to wordpress is easy, I gave myself a pat on the back for a long day's work.

I was debating between making a "soulful good morning," kicking off with "Let's Do It Again" by Staple Sisters, or a straight ahead/avant garde/fusion jazz mix. After dropping the needle on Passport's "Eternal Spiral," I knew the hard-forward sound was the right path for me.

Playlist:1. Passport - "Eternal Spiral"
2. Brian Auger's Oblivion Express - "Beginning Again"
3. Weather Report - "Medley: Vertical Invader, Dr. Honoris Causa"
4. Billy Cobham - "The Pleasant Pheasant"
5. Donald Byrd - "Street Lady"
6. Horace Silver - "The Sophisticated Hippie"

Free Fusion Vol. 1

No comments:

Post a Comment